How do I file a DBA?File with us...
- Enter the appropriate information as you are prompted by our automated process.
- Print out the completed form, sign it and mail it to us.
- Then sit back and relax as we take care of the ALL gritty details including filing & publishing.
(and you don't have to leave the house)
Or file it yourself...
- Drive to the County Recorder's Office and find a parking space if you can!
- Walk inside to locate the correct form among the multitudes available. Fill out the confusing and complicated form by hand.
- Stand in line for up to several hours depending on how busy the office is. (Be careful... The county is very picky and may reject your form due to small errors, in which case, you will need to fill out another form and stand in line again!)
- Find a newspaper of general circulation in your county. Drive to the newspaper office and pay them an exorbitant fee to publish your DBA.
- After the fourth week of publication, a proof of publication form from the newspaper needs to be recorded again at the County Recorder's Office.